What product types can I use to place orders in Fyers?
There are various kinds of traders in the market having their styles and trading methods. Therefore, in order to meet all the their requirements, we provide you with multiple options on the order window. Majorly, they are divided into two types:
1. Intraday: Intraday is the product in which both the Buy and Sell-side of the transactions happen on the same day. There are 3 Sub-Products of Intraday that can be placed in Fyers.
b. Cover Order (CO)
c. Bracket Order (BO)
2. Positional: Unlike Intraday, Only one side of the transaction will happen on a particular date and the other side will occur on a future date. There are 2 Subcategories of Positional Product.
a. Cash N Carry (CNC) - CNC is a product type for Equity Delivery.
b. Margin - Margin is a product type selected for taking overnight carry forward positions in F&O, Currency, and Commodities.
- Any F&O orders placed in CNC will be rejected as CNC is exclusively for Equity Delivery.
- BO/CO is not available for the Options Segment.
- All the Intraday/BO/CO positions will be squared-off 15 minutes before the market's closing.
What are the different Order Types available in Fyers?
Order types help you to place orders at your desired price. Ideally, there are 4 types of orders you can place in Fyers: 1. Market 2. Limit 3. Stop 4. Stop-Limit 1. Market Order: If you want to Buy/Sell at the Market price, you can place a market ...
Can I use the Options Premium received to place new orders in F&O?
Yes, Options premium received on selling options contracts can be used to place new orders. However, it cannot be used on the same day but from the next trading day. For Example, Mr X shorted 1 lot of Nifty 18000PE trading at 100. The premium of ...
Can I place BO/CO orders in the Options Segment?
With effect from 27th September 2021, the Bracket Orders and Cover Orders have been disabled for the Options Segment in Fyers. As a result, you will not be able to use the BO/CO in the options segment (Refer to this article)
How can I place orders in the illiquid stocks in Fyers?
Placing a market order in illiquid stocks can be very risky as there might be a massive difference in the Bid & Ask price of the stock that might lead to freak trades. Therefore, it is always recommended to place a limit order where the order will be ...
Why am I not able to place Stop Orders (SL-M) for my options position?
In order to avoid freak trades that result in massive losses for the investors, Stop Order a.k.a. Stop Loss Market order has been discontinued for the options segment with effect from 27th September 2021 as directed by the exchange. Hence, you’ll not ...