What are the different Order Types available in Fyers?

What are the different Order Types available in Fyers?

Order types help you to place orders at your desired price. Ideally, there are 4 types of orders you can place in Fyers:

1. Market
2. Limit
3. Stop
4. Stop-Limit

1. Market Order: If you want to Buy/Sell at the Market price, you can place a market order.

2. Limit Order: Limit orders are to be placed if you wish to Buy below the Current Market Price and Sell above the Current Market Price.

3. Stop: Stop orders, also known as Stop-Loss Market, are to be placed when you want to Buy above the Current Market Price and Sell below the Current Market Price.

As per the above image, Federal Bank is trading at ₹100, and you want to place an order at a price higher than the LTP, i.e., ₹105. Hence, You need to place a Stop order, a.k.a Stop Loss Market order, at ₹105.

Note: The price that you mention in stop is the trigger price. The order will be triggered and executed at the market as soon as the trigger price hits.

4. Stop Limit: Stop Limit Order is similar to a Stop Order where you can Buy above the market price and Sell below market price but with a specified range. Below is an example of a Stop-Limit Order:

    • Related Articles

    • Why did my CO/BO order get executed at different price points?

      The BO/CO orders are multi-legged orders placed with stop-loss or/and target along with Leg 1 order (entry) of Buy or Sell. All order types are executed based on the Bid/Ask available in the market for the scrip, you wish to trade in. However, In ...
    • What product types can I use to place orders in Fyers?

      There are various kinds of traders in the market having their styles and trading methods. Therefore, in order to meet all the their requirements, we provide you with multiple options on the order window. Majorly, they are divided into two types: ...
    • Is BTST available in FYERS? If Yes, how much funds will be blocked?

      Yes, BTST is available in Fyers. However, there are only a few series for which the facility is available (refer to this article).  60% of the funds will be released on doing BTST. The remaining 40% will be blocked for the day and released on the ...
    • How to enable real-time order notifications in Fyers Web?

      Real-time order notifications help you track the real-time orders placed and executed from time to time. By default, the notifications are disabled, however, you can re-enable the same by following the steps below: Login to Fyers Web and Go to User ...
    • What is the maximum amount I can place per order in FYERS?

      At FYERS, the Maximum limit set is ₹4.5 crores per order. If you're trying to place an order beyond the ₹4.5 crores limit, the order will be rejected and you'll get the below error: "RED:RULE:{Single Order Value}Current:INR 82472500.00 Set:INR ...