Can I use 100% of the sale proceeds of my holdings to trade?

Can I use 100% of the sale proceeds of my holdings to trade?

As per the implementation of the new peak margin framework by SEBI, only 80% of the sale proceeds will be available to trade on the day of sale, and the remaining 20% will be blocked as an upfront margin. The same will be released and is available for trading on the next trading day.

Note: This has been in effect from 1st December 2020. Prior to that, there was no such restriction.

    • Related Articles

    • Does FYERS provide collateral margin against holdings/securities?

      Yes, we do provide collateral margin against your holdings, i.e., stocks, ETFs, and MFs. You can pledge your holdings for collateral margins, which will be credited into your trading account after a deduction of a certain percentage or haircut.  ...
    • What is an Offer for Sale (OFS)?

      Offer For Sale (OFS) is an investment opportunity for all types of investors to own shares of a listed company where a promoter wants to sell off part of their investment. This is conducted on a specific date, via a process that is separate from the ...
    • Am I eligible for corporate actions if I sell my holdings on the ex-date?

      Yes, as a shareholder will be entitled to corporate actions if you sell the holding on the ex-date or the record date. For instance, REC Ltd. announced a dividend of ₹5 with a record date of 9th November 2022. Mr. X, a shareholder, sold his holdings ...
    • What is Trade for Trade (T for T) segment?

      Unlike in rolling settlement, scrips listed in Trade for Trade segment are settled on a trade for trade basis and no netting off of obligations is allowed. This means that scrips listed under this segment cannot be sold before they have been settled, ...
    • How to unpledge my holdings in FYERS?

      You can Unpledge your holdings online from the pledge portal. The procedure to unpledge is as follows: Once you login to our Pledge Portal, click on 'Unpledge' Tab, you’ll find the list of pledged holdings. Select the scrip you wish to unpledge and ...